Monday 27 August 2012

Banana Fritter/Kele ka Pakoda/Pazham pori

Banana Fritters/
Kele ka Pakoda/
Pazham Pori/
Ethakka Appam 

Hi Friends,
As i told you in my earlier posts that my cooking wish list is decreasing from top and increasing from bottom. Banana Fritters a South Indian (i think Tamilnadu, please correct me if i am wrong)delicacy i wanted to try since a long time, after seeing so many pics in different blogs i was more then sure that it would be so yummy and yesterday when i made them, i regretted so much that why i have not tried it earlier. It was so so yummy melt in mouth fritters. When i took my first bite It reminded me GULGULE which my mother use to make for us. So these fritters gave me excitement in both ways (reminding my childhood and trying this new delicacy). i served it with thick chocolate sauce and it was just heaven. Frinds if you have a sweet tooth like me. then try it as soon as you can. Really, i am telling you now it would be my snack at least once a week. Please try it and let me know what your sweet tooth said after having it.

Prep time - 5-6 min
Cooking time - 15 min
Ingradients:-
Ripe Banana - 1
Maida  - 1 tbsp        
Rice flour - 1 tbsp
Sooji/Rava - 1 tbsp (optional)
Sugar  - 2 tsp
Any sweet sauce (optional)
Oil for frying

Method:-
Take your ingredients
                                           

Take sooji, sugar, rice flour in a bowl 

Add water and make medium batter (not so thick nor so thin)

Cut banana in length wise 

READY TO FRY

Heat Oil in a pan

Dip One banana piece in batter and coat it well

Now check oil by dropping one batter coated banana
(do not overheat oil, fritters will burn)

It it sizzles then your oil is hot enough, now add more pieces

Fry from both sides, take out when golden in color

SERVE WITH YOUR FAVORITE SAUCE
 YUM YUM


IT WAS SO CRUNCHY FROM OUT AND GOOEY FROM INSIDE

Sending this to Jagruti's event KNOW YOUR FLOUR-RICE FLOUR, http://www.jagrutidhanecha.com/p/series-of-celebrate-and-other-events.html






Sending it to Gathari's event Wlak thorough memory lane 



ending it to Nayna's Let's cook with Fruits




Sending it to Gathari's event Wlak thorough memory lane 




Also sendign this to anu's South indian kitchen series 


Let's Cook

Sending this to Sangee's event -Show me your hits-RICE
http://www.spicytreats.net/p/spicy-treats-event-schedule.html, Hosted by Cooks Joy http://cooksjoy.com/blog/2012/07/show-me-your-hits-rice-event-announcement.html


ending this to Jagriti's Event- Super Foods ww.jagrutidhanecha.com/2012/08/announcing-jco-event-super-foodssuper.html


Notes:-
  1. I used sooji for crunchy layer, you can skip it.
  2. I served it with chocolate sauce, you can use jam or any other sweet sauce or just have simple, its just scrumptious.



HOPE YOU WILL LIKE IT

LOVE
PariCash






1 comment: