Friday 31 August 2012

Chatpati Arbi/Spicy Colocasia

Masaledaar Arbi/Spicy Colocasia

Hi Friends, 
Today I am here with a recipe which i learned myself. I was a big hater of this root veggie. Once one of my friend brought dish in the office. And in the impression of potato i ate it and asked her for recipe. When she started explaining i got shocked that i have eaten something i hate. Then she explained the recipe. Actually i saw my mother and sister pealing and cutting them, there is so much sticky fiber in it. Once i tried to peal and cut it and got so much irritating itching on my hands. My hands got red. That day onward i started hating it. Even mu mom and sis told me that we need to apply mustered oil on hands before peeling and cutting colocasia. But those suggestions never changed my mind. So that thing made me stay away from this delicacy. i always remember those beautiful memories attached with this sticky root veggie.
Even now if its not fried and cooked after boilin then i just ignore it. People boil it and then fry it, but i just peal and cut and fry straight away. When i starts frying i start making roti/rice on other hand. And by the time frying is done. My accompaniment is also ready and then only 5 min for cooking and serving. I have seen my husband and kids enjoying it. Actually my son always had it in the impression of potato fry. But i don't mind that. So try it, may be some hater like me starts loving it.

Prep Time - 10 min
Frying Time - 10 min
Cooking Time- 5 min
Ingredeints:-
Arbi                 - 1 kg
Tomato            - 2 medium
Onion              -  2 medium
Ginger             - 1 inch piece
Garlic              - 5-6 pods
Cumin Seeds   - 1 tsp
Amchoor Pdr - 1 tsp
Coriander pdr - 1 tsp

Method:-
Take your ingredients

Now apply mustered oil on your hands 
peal and cut arbi
chop onion tomato ginger garlic also

Heat mustered Oil in a pan

Fry Arbi 

All fried

Now take 1 tbsp oil in a pan

Add cumin and coriander seeds, splutter them 

Add onion and garlic

Throw onion and tomato

Mix well and cook for few seconds

Add fried arbi

Add salt and give a stir

Mix in rest of the spices

Mix well, cover and cook for 2 min

Uncover stir well

READY 

SERVE

Serve with Roti/Chapati/Pulav/Rice/Naan






Sending it to Gathari's event Wlak thorough memory lane 


Sending this to 

FEAST FOR YOUR GURU happening @ my friend viji's blog 




Notes:-
  1. After cooking i realized i forgot to add amchoor pdr (that's why its not present in ingredients pic, so added it at the end and mentioned in the recipe.
  2. Even you can make it without onion and tomato, or use one o them.
  3. I have heard that for Arbi/colcasia mustered oil is best, so i used it, but you can use vegetable oil we use for daily cooking.
  4. For tangy taste you if you don't have amchoor pdr just squeeze a lemon on it.  
  5. You can add  more red chilly and chat masala if you want it more spicy.
HOPE YOU WILL LIKE IT

LOVE
PariCash




2 comments:

  1. Hi pari sure, VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA means "Inviting you all for great feast(formal or traditional meal)" i named in TAMIL.
    like wedding meal, while guest arrives home we prepare virunthu for them, we called guest as in tamil = Virunthaali, so their food items will special n many.... hope you understood???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely one Pari. Thanks for linking to the event.

    ReplyDelete