Wednesday 5 September 2012

Time to Celebrate for three Days

Time to Celebrate Continuously 3 days

Today's Celebration Check Below
Hi Friends, 
Starting from today next three days are for continuous celebration for me. I am totally blank about the idea that what should i make for these occasions. I really need few tempting dishes to celebrate.  You know this is a not a very rare occasion for me as once in a year i celebrate this occasion. There is my kids and my sis birthday in Feb, next day is my birthday and next to my birthday is my jiju(sis's husband) birthday. Now you can understand my feelings. I have to bake cakes for all these three days continuously.  Now Coming to today's occassion.

Today's Celebration is - My 100th Post 
and 
My crossed 5000 page views. (within 3 months)

This is my 100th post. I can't believe i have done it. I know these are very common lines for you. But still wanted to express my feelings. This is really something very exciting. I wanted to Thank all my readers and supporters with the core of my heart, who encouraged me with their support. With your support today i am here announcing my 100th post.

To Celebrate this occasion i made this soft and yummy Butterscotch Cake with Curd. I can't tell you how soft it came out. I was not having any idea which cake i am going to bake. I just gathered available ingredients and moved ahead. When i saw the final batter i was so disappointed as it was so lumpy. Somehow with the fear of 90% failure i moved ahead and when after 30 min i took out the cake it was like this (see below). I was amazed with the color, but still thought that it must be rock hard aaaaaaand when i touched it, i was jumped with joy, it was so soft that i touched it at least 10 times to believe that its that much spongy. It was my first so soft cake which i made with my own imagination. Here goes the recipe.

Ingredients:-
For Cake
Flour - 2 cups
Curd (thick) -3/4 cup
Baking Pdr -1 tsp
Baking Soda-1tsp
Butterscotch Pdr or Custered - 3/4 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Oil - 3/4 cup

For Icing and Decoration

Chocolate or choco chips - 1 cup broken in pieces
Milk - 2-3 tbsp
Dry Fruits


Method:-
Gather your ingredients


Prepare your baking tin


Take curd in a bowl


Add oil and mix well

Now add sugar and mix well

 Now add Butterscotch pdr 

 Mix Well


Sift Flour Baking powder and soda together


Mix Flour mix with butterscotch mix
(don't worry it would be a lumpy batter)

Tip batter in baking pan and bake for 30 min 
check if done or bake for more 5 min and check again


DONE 


See Crusty top


For making Icing:-
I always wanted to seriously decorate a cake. Tried so many time but not satisfied as i was not able to spread icing properly. This time i did it batter. I am dying to decorate a cake with whip cream and make a layered cake but my cream never got fluffy and my all dreams shattered every time i tried. So i am just trying my hand on chocolate icing. If anybody any idea about how to make fluffy cream icing in India's hot weather then please help me out. Now to icing.

By the time cake is baking make your Chocolate icing

Take broken chocolate in a pan and mix hot milk in that


Mix well for one min
and leave it for few min

After few min. mix again

If you find it runny
keep in fridge for your desired consistency

Decorating:-
I leveled top by cutting with knife 


Then i cut cake in 2 and lifted the upper part with plate like this


Cut Dry fruits in desired shape


Now take some icing and apply on cake

Like This


Now spread your dry fruits on it


Place upper part on it and melt your icing a bit 
Apply on cake 


Decorate as per your wish

MY GOD IT WAS SO DELICIOUS








 I ALWAYS WANTED TO SEE THIS LAYER



Sending this to  vardhini's Event http://cooksjoy.com/blog/bake-fest-hosting-schedule
Hosted by Archana http://madscientistskitchen.blogspot.in/2012/08/guest-hosting-bake-fest-11.html#.UEcHE7IgfZI





nding this to Jagriti's Event- Super Foods ww.jagrutidhanecha.com/2012/08/announcing-jco-event-super-foodssuper.html



WAIT FOR TOMORROW's CELEBRATION 

Notes:-
  1. You can substitute Butterscotch pdr with custard pdr.
  2. you can add choco chips of tutti fruit or dry fruit or fruits in the batter.
  3. You can have this cake without any decoration or icing with chocolate sauce.
  4. Layering is not required. You can frost it without cutting.
  5. Decorate as per your wish or just have it plain. 
HOPE YOU WILL LIKE IT

LOVE
PariCash








7 comments:

  1. Congrats Pari on your 100th post and 5000 page views... cake looks so wonderful...
    VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Vijayalakshmi. You people are behind this achievement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey its our pleasure to take part in yours, n Pari I mailed you regarding the linky tool that you asked in my space... Go through it and contact me...

      Delete
  3. Congrats dear and the cake looks so soft... Happy to follow u. Do join me when u find time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!..the cake is yum..love it..and thanks for linking it to the event.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you and your family.

    Congratulations on your milestones and hope you achieve many more.

    ReplyDelete