Saturday 3 November 2012

MY KARWA CHAUTH EXPERIENCE with Dinner Platter

MY KARWA CHAUTH EXPERIENCE
(really sorry for bad pictures) 
Hi Friends,
Today i don't have any recipe to share with you as i told you that my camera is broken  I think it will take few days to fix it up. So yesterday we celebrated KARWACHAUTH FAST. Night before yesterday i made preparation for fast. I went to market and Got Mehandi (Heena) on my hands. i wake up early in the morning near about 4 o clock and after bathing i got ready and had SARGI (mithi mathi, fiki mathi, swaiya, nariyal(coconut), fruits, dry fruits) given by my Mother in law and my maternal family. All this eating should be finished by before dawn. 
 After finishing all this i touched my husband and mother-in-law feet, took their blessings and started my fast. You can't take water after starting fast (hardest part), that can be taken only after moon rise and worshiping from your husband's hands. He will give you water to drink. Read Below.
Near about 4 pm i started to prepare for KATHA (evening pooja) i wore Maroon Saari and all matching accessories. Prepared my thali and went temple for KATHA where collective pooja was organised.
After Pooja i came back and prepared Dinner to have after Moon Rise.

I prepared Paalak Paneer, Daal Makhni, Dahi Bhalla, Vermicelli Kheer, Dam Aloo, Daal Poori and Jeera Rice.


I waited and waited and waited and it was expected to rise at 8.10pm but at my place it came out from clouds 9.pm. I prepared my thali for Moon worship.
Thali for moon worship
Chalni to see moon, water in Karwa and diya 
First i saw moon through sieve then my husband, offered water to moon and worshipped it,  touched my husband's feet and he gave my water from the same Karwa (earthen pot in pic). Fast was over.
Now it was time for dinner

Thali for me and my husband (anti clock wise from rice)

 Jeera Rice, Daal Makhni, Dam Aloo, Paalak PaneerVermicelli Kheer, Daal Poori in centre Dahi Bhalla.

I was about to attack on it

ENJOYYYYYYYY

WAS FINISHED WITHIN 10 MIN

HOPE YOU WILL LIKE IT

Love 
PariCash







15 comments:

  1. hmmmmmm ek thali platter mere liye bhi hota to acha tha.....bt really it looks very tasty.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww i have always seen in films this looks so so romantic
    that dahi vada looks yummy in platter


    Mohan thal-- a sweet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks meena, it is soo romantic, i thought you must be doing so.

      Delete
    2. no pari i have never done this jst seen in films like ddlj etc my friends do it and keep waitin for moon feeling thirsty and hungry heh

      Delete
  3. Please pass on that plate to me....

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy n tempting platter...Nice to know abt karwa chauth :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very inviting platter n super mehndi!!!
    Diwali Special recipe - Soft Jangris from Mixie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woww wat a great mehndi, wonderful platter there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mehandi is beautiful! N nice spread of delicious items!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good yaar....you are so hard working......u made all these items during fasting....!!!!!! good & amazing...

    Good Luck Dear...

    ...NEHA..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you sangeetha, priya Mahi and NEEEEEEEEEEHA

    ReplyDelete
  10. very well done Pari!!! the Mehendi looks so beautiful!!!
    Sowmya
    Ongoing Event - CWF - Whole
    Wheat Flour

    ReplyDelete