Custard Biscuit Pudding/
Pudding for Parties/
Howz weather at your places? My place is having very uncertain weather these days. In the morning it will be pouring like anything and in the afternoon shiny sun will make you sweat. In this kind of weather its very difficult to find out exact food as in rainy season you would gulp on pakora, chats, hot beverages, cakes etc but on sunny and humid day you would like to have something light, chilled and healthy. But when in one day you faces so many weathers then you have to decide what you really want to cook and eat. So yesterday i made this biscuit pudding which can be eaten in any season any weather and you will be very surprised with the salty and sweet taste with the slight hint of coffee.
This dessert can be made for small get together or for children parties as you can prepare it night before and serve next day after meal. You can make it in big bathes and in small serving portion also which can be divided in group of 2-4 person. Its very easy to serve and eat. Try it guys your kids will love and even you will find it so tempting that you can't resist yourself to have few bites.
Recipe Source- Sharmi's passion
Total preparation Time- 20 minutes
Resting Time- 2-3 hours
Any salted square biscuits- 32 pieces
Custard powder - 1 tbsp
Coffee- 1 tsp
Sugar- 1 tbsp
Milk -1.5 cups
Cardamom - 2
Chocolate - 1 small piece
Grab your ingredients
First we will make coffee decotion
Take coffee in a bowl
mix half cup hot water in it and let it cool
its ready now
Now we will make custard
Now take our half cup milk separate
Heat one cup milk, add sugar and cardamom,
Now in the half cup milk, add custard pdr
mix it well
Add it in boiling milk
slow down the flame and stir with spoon
keep on stirring otherwise it will stick to the bottom
check the consistancy
it ready when it will cote the back of the spoon
Now cool it completely
Custard is DONE
Cooled custard is ready
Grate chocolate with a grater
Now a foil sheet large enough to wrap pudding from all sides
Ready to assemble
Take a biscuit and dip it in coffee and water mix
take it out immediately
Lay them like this on foil sheet
now apply a thin layer of custard on it
Apply second layer of biscuit by dipping them in coffee decotion
Again custard layer and third layer of biscuit
and final custard and biscuit layer
All layers done
Now smear a generous amount of custard on top
sprinkle grated chocolate on top
Ready to go in fridge
Gently cover from all sides and seal with light hands, foil should not touch top layer
(gather foil from all sides and seal it on top without pressing it)
keep it in fridge for at least 2-3 hours
Ready to serve
See the beauty
Cut a square piece
Have a bite and you will end up finishing it all
HMM Creamy and Cruncy melting delicacy
Guru’s Cooking Giveaway Kids Special ’13
- You can use any of salted biscuit. I used Britannia 50-50.
- If you don't have chocolate then you can use Dairymilk chocolate of Rs. 5 or 10.
- Before assembling ensure that all ingredients like custard and coffee decotion are at room temperature. otherwise it will make pudding soggy.
- Amount of custard you apply is totally your choice you can make a thin layer if you don't like it that much.
- You need to work fast while assembling, so keep everything ready and make layers as when you will place coffee soaked biscuits on the custard layer then they will start slipping.
- You can use any of your Favorite flavor of custard but i think vanilla pairs well with salted biscuits.
- Chill this pudding for at least 2-3 hours to make fine squares.
- You can decorate top layer with anything like dried fruits, dry fruits, fruits, chocolate curls, cherry, tutti fruity etc.
HOPE YOU WILL LIKE IT