Thursday 5 December 2013

Broken Wheat and Milk Dessert/ Milk Dalia/ Healthy Recipes/ Healthy Breakfast

Broken Wheat and Milk Dessert/
Milk Dalia/
Doodh wala Dalia/
Healthy Recipes/
Healthy Breakfast
Hi Friends,
I already have sweet dalia and namkeen/salted dalia recipe in my blog. Now i am here with milk version of dalia. I like this one most and mostly prepare it for morning breakfast. Kids also like it a lot.
You can add any of your favorite dry fruits in it or make it simple. You will like it any way. Most of the time i add only raisins as my son like them. You can enjoy it cold also. After cooling it will soak whole milk and become thick. Its absolutely up to you that how you want to enjoy it. I like it any way cold or hot, plain or rich. Tell me how do you like it?

Ingredients:-
Broken Wheat-1 cup
Milk- 2 cups
Cardamom- 2-3
Ghee- 1 tsp
Water- 1 cup
Sugar- 3/4 cup


Method:-
Take all your ingredients

heat ghee in a vessel

add broken wheat/dalia 

roast it

roasting it for few seconds

now add water

cook it till 80% done

now add milk

boil it till completely cooked 

throw in sugar

cardamom seeds
  
and give it a final boil by stirring in between

finally add raisins

Your dessert is done

SERVE

so creamy and yummy


Notes:-
  1. Adjust sugar according to your taste. For me it was absolutely fine.
  2. You can skip ghee and dry roast it.
  3. You can skip water and make it with milk only. 
  4. You can add any dry fruit in it. Add them raw or fry them as per your choice.
Hope you will like it
Love
PariCash

4 comments:

  1. Nice Indian menu. Reasonably priced. Good for a quick lunch. Dinner menu could be different as opposed to the lunch menu. Price is OK considering it’s on Flinders Street. Service is quick. I like this Indian food in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like dalia a lot.... this one is superb...thank you ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this today with red bulgur wheat from Bob's Red Mill. Our grocery store only had that, or cracked wheat in fine, medium, or coarse grind. I wasn't sure what to get. This was good, but I ground the two cardamom pods worth of seeds in a mortar and pestle before adding. (looked like how much you had in the picture, but my seeds are dark/black!) For my own taste I will need to cut back on the cardamom the way I did it. It was overpowering ground. Perhaps I misunderstood and was only to put in 2-3 seeds rather than 2-3 pods? Anyway thank you for sharing this recipe! I will be making this again!

    ReplyDelete